Terms & Conditions
Please read our full terms before ordering with us.
- Our photographs are an accurate representation of our cakes however as each cake is a handmade “one off” creation details may vary and colours may not be exactly as shown.
- Please note that when ordering a cake using one of our photos as reference that the size of the cake may alter the proportions – smaller cakes appear deeper than larger cakes etc.
- All of our cakes are baked fresh to order and as such we require a minimum of 3 days notice for most orders. Our buttercream cakes can sometimes be made with shorter lead times but please call the shop to enquire if this is possible.
- Please note that orders placed without giving enough notice may not be delivered/ready for collection on time.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with one of our products we require to be notified within 24 hours via phone call or email. If you believe a cake to be damaged are unhappy with any aspect of the cake we may require photographs showing the condition of the cake.
- Please note that whilst refunds can be made, compensation will not exceed the original total paid for cakes.
Although where requested we can use replacement products such as Gluten free flour etc to make our cakes, we are unable to guarantee that are cakes are suitable for allergy sufferers due to the fact cakes are prepared, iced and decorated in the same kitchen.
- Deliveries can be made between 10-5pm Mon-Sat.
- If you require delivery for a specific time please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you although this cannot be guaranteed depending on schedule.
- If there is nobody in to receive the delivery at the scheduled time the cakes will be returned to the shop where it will be available for collection or redelivery which would incur a further cost.
- If you require a cake for delivery out with Glasgow or Edinburgh, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a quote.
- Date (but not necessarily design) to be confirmed with a £100 non-refundable deposit ideally 6-9 months prior to the wedding.
- The final design needs to be confirmed 1 month prior to the wedding, after this point any changes may incur a charge.
- The cake will be delivered and set up by a member of the Liggy’s Cake Company team. We will liase with your wedding planner on the run up to the wedding to confirm a suitable delivery day and time.
- Once the cake has been delivered and set up, we can accept no responsibility for any damage that may occur by venue staff members.
- We accept no responsibility for any additions to the cake not supplied by the company for example cake toppers, brooches etc. Whilst we handle these with the upmost cake, we cannot guarantee the robustness of quality after the original set up.
- All cake instructions should be left with the wedding planner. We accept no responsibility for miscommunication between members of the venue staff. If you would like to save part of the cake etc, please ensure you have made a member of staff at your venue fully aware of this.
- The balance of the cake + delivery to be paid strictly 1 month prior to the wedding.
- We check with every venue if there is a cake stand suitable for your cake, however we accept no responsibility for this being available on the day. Please make your venue aware if you would like to use their cake stand.
Wedding cancellations & complaints procedure
- Our £100 wedding cake deposit is not refundable in the event of a cancellation
- If you decide to reschedule your wedding, we are happy to transfer to the deposit to your new date as long as the company has availability
- If for any reason you are not happy with your wedding cake, we require to be notified no less than 48 hours following your wedding. Photographs showing the condition of the cake will be required.
- Please note that whilst refunds can be made, compensation will not exceed the original total paid for the cake.
Cupcake stand hire
- Stand hire is charged at £15 for the 5 tier cake stand and £25 for the 7 tier cake stand. The stand hire cost is not refundable and is payable in full along with the cake order.
- A holding deposit of £70 will also be charged to a credit or debit card at the point of paying for the balance of the order. This will then be refunded upon the return of the cake stand no longer than 4 days following the date of the event.
- If you require the cake stand to be collected by a member of our team at Liggy’s, a further charge will be made.
- If we do not receive the stand back within the 4 day hire period, or if the stand is returned damaged the deposit will be withheld.
- If we do not receive the stand back within the hire period and a member of staff is required to collect it from the venue, the full deposit will be withheld.
Cake stand hire
- If you require us to hire a cake stand on your behalf there is a £25 hire charge as well as a refundable £100 deposit which will be returned following the safe return of the cake stand.
- If you require to have the stand uplifted following the wedding, please make the company aware of this no later than 2 weeks prior to the wedding - a second delivery charge will be applied.
- If the stand is not returned to us following the wedding and we have to collect it from your venue the £100 deposit will not be returned to you.
These are our terms and conditions, by ordering from us you accept these terms.